Monday, November 11, 2002

For the record we also saw a little green heron and several osprey. And here's a shot of one of the manatees that came up to my parent's dock. None of the ones we saw had any propeller scars, which is an atypical but welcome sight.

Some other highlights:
  • Seeing my new nephew Bryce (or Cooper, depending on which parent you ask). Bryce is very big and gurgly and interactive with his environment for such a young age. What a cutie.
  • Finally bonding a little with my niece Chaeli, who's four. Growing up in the sticks of northern Florida as she is, she must hear a lot of southern drawls; she apparently thinks I "tawk funny". Her mom (my sister Danielle) has picked up a drawl too!
  • Food, and lots of it. I always turn into a pig when I visit my parents.
  • Chasing manatees in a little dinghy, with Marjorie, who's a little dinghy herself, ha ha. *Ouch* Ooh, that's going to bruise.
  • Roadkill spotting. We saw raccoons, armadillos, an alligator, and a wild boar. In Atlanta we only get squirrels, cats, and dogs.

    Thanks, family! You all are the best!
  • No comments: