Friday, May 09, 2003

I'm back! We've had unfortunate appliance problems lately, the most recent of which has left me without a computer to blog on (I could technically blog from work, but feel I'm being spied on). Now that I'm able to get to the blog I see that Mark's already blogged about everything interesting that's happened this week (flying lizard...trivia domination). Oh well.
I have to work tomorrow (Saturday). The kiddies are going for an orientation for orientation for 1st grade and I (for some reason) am needed. Shouldn't complain though as public school teachers in Singapore have to work EVERY Saturday. I really can't imagine having to teach 6 days a week every week. Must suck.
BTW, I won't be teaching next year. I was nicely given the option to just sign a contract until the end of this June (as opposed to next June) and took it. The school is great, the kids are great, but honestly I don't love teaching. And I did love my last job, so I know it's possible. So as of June, I'll be unemployed again. This time though I'll have contacts into the special ed. world in Singapore so hopefully I'll be able to find a job assessing special needs infants. If not, maybe I'll look into starting my own company...something that may well be possible here. I'm just not sure if I want to commit to a business, or to Singapore (for more then 6 more months).

No comments: