Thursday, May 22, 2003

Today, before dismissal, my class and I sang a very interesting rendition of "Old MacDonald" where we ended up discussing animal sounds in several different languages (Korean, Japanese, Norwegian, Russian, Hindi, and English). Apparently cats "say" the same meow and cows "moo" in all of our countries, there's some variation in the sounds of roosters, ducks, and horses though. I love these kinds of discussions with my class. And I love hearing them talk to each other in other languages. There are frequent Korean and Japanese conversations in our class. I'm ready for the school year to end, but I will miss these types of experiences.
On a completely different note......Singapore has a SARS channel on TV now. Really, a TV station devoted to SARS. Sadly, I suspect the ratings will be pretty good.

No comments: