Thursday, July 17, 2003

Unemployment sucks! Not that I expect anyone to be sympathetic. I was not fired, I quit. And even if I'd stayed with my job I'd be idle now due to the summer break. I don't handle the removal of all structure from my life well. But, now that Mark has his employment pass and my dependent pass is days behind, my days of idleness are numbered. As soon as I get my pass I'm going to look into to some employment options and sign up for some classes. There's an interesting night photography course on offer at the photographic society and some Indian cooking classes at the American Women's Association. As for the job, I may sub at my old school (the pay is good without the responsibility for planning), but what I'd really like to do is find my way back to early intervention. First stop, the Autism Research Group which is advertising a need for teachers. Wonder if they'd want someone part time (full-time Autism work takes a really special person, I'm maybe half-way there, therefore half-time capable)?

No comments: