Sunday, August 10, 2003

Happy National Day! Singapore is 38 years old today. I believe Malaysia is 40 now. You may not know that Singapore started it's independence as part of Malaysia but was booted out. That's right, Singapore was forced into being the independent country that it became. I don't know the whole story, but I've been reading/skimming Lee Kuan Yew's book "From Third World To First" for the past 6 months and I know the story's in their somewhere.
Anyway, in an attempt to do our part at learning a bit about our country of residence Mark and I went to see the "Homeland" Imax at the Science center.
We also went iceskating at the Fuji ice palace. Big fun, except they made us buy gloves to wear while skating. Cloth gloves. How were these supposed to help us? I smell shakedown. We also tried to go see the facilities at Snow City but they wouldn't let us sneak a peek. Their loss.

No comments: