Saturday, August 23, 2003

Mark and I went to the Singapore Zoo today. We're "friends of the zoo" here, as we were in Atlanta. The zoo here really is amazing. Many of the animals are in cage-free exhibits, including the howler monkeys, and large african storks.
We've resigned ourselves to being here in Singapore a bit longer than we originally planned. We're starting the migration process to Australia (truly painful) and have estimates that this process could take anywhere from 6 to 20 months. The reality is that it's not at all practical to move back to the States before going on to Australia; it just doesn't make since financially, especially since Mark has a relatively stable job here.
I've been keeping myself busy lately volunteering at the United States Education Information Center. I answer questions about U.S. colleges and universities. It's rather interesting, and it's amazing how many Singaporean kids think they can go to Harvard (not likely kids). I've also been taking Spanish classes " Yo soy alumna de espagnol". Still, I'd prefer to be busy with a paying job. I'm working on it.

No comments: