Tuesday, January 20, 2004

We're living a control freak's nightmare! There are sooo many things we need to rely on other people to help us with in order to complete the last steps towards migration, and unfortunately, I don't have much faith in the people who are helping us. As Mark described, the doctor's office we visited yesterday needed a lesson in discretion, and seemed more than a bit unprofessional. It went beyond making us carry our pee in front of everyone, but I'll spare you the details.
Also, the fingerprints we need to send to the FBI are harder to obtain in the correct rolled-format then I'd hoped, but hopefully we'll resolve that tomorrow when I go back for a second attempt (Mark's first). I'm so stressed about these damned fingerprints! I know from past teaching experience (I was required to get a clearance from every teaching job I've had) that the FBI often rejects prints if they are unreadable (like the smudgy prints I was given yesterday), and it's going to take so much effort to get the prints taken here, get the cashiers checks in US dollars, and finally mail the prints to the States, that honestly if they're rejected I'll probably cry. We've purchased the stamp pad so that if it doesn't work out at the police station we can attempt to produce our own prints, but based on a first attempt, I can tell you, this is generally something better left to professionals.
Luckily getting our "no criminal record" clearance from Singapore is no problem.

No comments: