Sunday, March 21, 2004

Chicken Surprise: This afternoon I bought a whole chicken from the supermarket, thinking that I'd cut the chicken into two breasts, and save a little money as the whole chicken is $5 and two chicken breasts would be $6. So, I get the chicken home and I'm expecting it to be a little gross; I'm expecting a bag of guts as you'd find in a turkey. But instead, it's much, much grosser -- the chicken still has it's head, and yuk, yuk, yuk, it's feet! There was no bag of guts however. So, I see the head and the feet and I think "okay you're a big girl, if you eat meat you need to deal with this" and I get out my scissors and start to work. But, ew, yuk, shudder... Dinner was tasty, but would have been much better if I'd just purchased the pre-cut chicken breast.

No comments: