Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Bike. Last weekend I bought a used mountain bike. There are some spots of rust but it rides good and I like it a lot. Marjorie already has a bike, so this will definitely extend our range, having previously being limited to walking and our single tram line. Not always, of course, but most of the time I'm glad I don't have a car. I think bike's are one of the greatest inventions ever. The fact that they've had the same basic design for a century says a lot.

Bikes I have owned in the past (that I can remember), and their eventual fate:
  • Age 5: Orange tricycle.
  • Age 6?: The bicycle I learned on. I seem to remember it was red and very stripped down.
  • Age 14: Red, white and blue bike with banana seat. This was a cool one.
  • Age 16: Ten-speed.
  • Age 18: Ten-speed. My college bike. Left it locked up over winter break and it was gone when I came back.
  • Ages 18-33: Nothing!
  • Age 33: Mountain bike. Great bike. Left it locked up at Music Midtown in Atlanta; came out and it was gone.
  • Age 37: Green crappy Carrefour (i.e. K-mart) special, in Singapore. Stolen from train station bike rack. And they say there's no crime in Singapore!
  • Age 38: see above.
  • No comments: