Monday, August 28, 2006

Brushes with celebrity. For no good reason, here are the famous peeps I've peeped, not counting actual shows, lectures, readings, etc.:
  • Elvis Costello: Met him after shows a few times. Also sat behind him at a Ron Sexsmith show where he didn't perform, so it counts.
  • Michael McKean (Lenny of Lenny and Squiggy fame): Sat two rows behind him at an Elvis Costello concert.
  • Henry Rollins: Saw him in a Starbucks in London. Henry Rollins in a Starbucks.
  • Gurmit Singh at our grocery store in S'pore.
  • Molly Meldrum at a footy game. Well, they tell me he's famous.
  • Shaq, at a nightclub in Orlando. A head taller than everyone else, he was hard to miss.
  • Horace Grant, at the same club. Shook his hand.
  • Ted Kennedy: Spooked him in an airport when I suddenly reached into my bag for my ticket just as I recognized him. His bodyguards got him out of there fast!
  • Michael Stipe, on a street corner in Athens, listening to (what I'm guessing was) a backing track through headphones, and mouthing words over it.
  • Mike Mills, in a bar in Atlanta. Also saw him driving down the road once.
  • No comments: