Thursday, December 18, 2008

At work we now have Guitar Hero World Tour, which adds drums and singing to the previous dueling guitar simulation. It's just about the funnest thing ever. At times it's hard to keep going because my cow orkers and I are laughing so hard. Hugely recommended if you're still looking for an Xmas gift, and it hasn't sold out in your area...

Last night, though, was a night for the real thing. I was a fan of the rock band Jet before we ever thought of moving to Melbourne, but they've only played a few festivals since we've been here, and I was despairing that I'd never see them in any kind of intimate setting, as they're now pretty huge. But I was browsing around on Facebook the other day and came across a link that said, "Are you Jet fan in Melbourne? Click here!" Behind the link was an invitation to a private show. Score! They have a new album out and wanted to debut their new songs to a crowd of true fans. I hadn't been to the venue before, but it turns out there were only around 250 people there. They gave us all posters, and had us fill out cards with our addresses so they could mail us their new CD when it's finished. Very cool!

Here's a clip I shot with my cell phone camera. Sorry about the sound quality - trust me, they sounded a lot better live!

Update: Here's an article about the show from the local paper.

No comments: