Saturday, June 07, 2003

Inventory: Yesterday was the last day of school for the kid. Now I just have to have my supplies inventoried, my work permit cancelled, my taxes paid...and I'll be finished with this chapter of my career. A few people have asked why I'm leaving the school and the honest reason is that I just don't find teaching very stimulating. The past three months I've had great kids, a good assistant, a supportive principal and team, and I still haven't enjoyed the job. I wish I did, it would make life easier, but.......
Hopefully I'll be able to find an early intervention/assessment job similar to what I was doing in Georgia before we left, if not I may look into consulting or classroom facilitation for students with special needs.
On a completely different note, I'm really looking forward to being back in the States for a few days. I'm not going to be there near long enough (again), but anytime is good. I'm slightly jealous of the Aussies I know who are going home to winter as it's been oppressively hot here lately. There will be no weather relief found in Hotlanta.

No comments: