Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Things that I've learned, decided, or figured out lately. The historical facts are from Bill Bryson's Made In America:
  • Sam Adams, of beer fame, was actually responsible for propagandizing the Boston Massacre, inciting a popular uprising, blowing the facts of the case totally out of proportion.
  • Starlings, those pesky little speckled black birds, were introduced to the US by a well-meaning but utterly misguided professor who was trying to populate the new world with all the birds mentioned in the works of Shakespeare.
  • If I ever write a newspaper column, it'll be called Mark My Words.
  • When I put out my best-of album, it'll be called A Fat Lot of Good.
  • Listening to old Built To Spill albums makes me happy.
  • Curry is actually not a plant. Not per se -- there is a curry plant used for its leaves, but curry like you find in most dishes is actually a mix of spices, including but not limited to pepper, ginger, garlic, coriander seed, tumeric, and cumin.
  • My dad is the best. Happy Father's Day, Dad...
  • No comments: