Thursday, August 05, 2004

Tonight we went back to the park to take possum pictures. Here's the only one that turned out.

In other news: now it looks like there's two companies that are interested in me. This is certainly good news on some level, but it's only added to the stress. The reason:

Company 1 will want me to start straight away. I didn't ask for as much from them, so my salary will probably be lower. But they have some good perks like bonuses based on my professional development (which they'll pay for).

Company 2, I won't start until 10 September, but the work looks like it will be cooler. And it's only a three-month contract, with the chance of staying on afterwards if they like me. I'm convinced I can turn it into a full-time job, but can we last another month without income?

Neither job is confirmed yet. Tomorrow I go in for a followup interview with Company 2 in the morning. In the afternoon, I meet with Company 1 and I think they'll make an offer.

This is good news, I guess, but that doesn't mean I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments: