Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rellies

My cousin has been posting old family pictures of my ancestors (on my dad's side at least) to the share genealogy website where I keep my family tree. Some of the shots I don't think I've seen before.

Here are my dad's parents. His mother lived until I was in my twenties, but his dad died when I was only six. I remember visiting him in the hospital.

Frances Rose Schnitzius (Szymanski)

John Alphonse Schnitzius

Here are their parents, comprising four of my eight great-grandparents:

Alphonse J. Schnitzius

Catherine Schnitzius (Schick)

Felix "Phillip" Szymanski

Margaret Szymansi (Basinski)

Any of them look like me?

2 comments:

kometes said...

Check the names. There should be 2 Schnitzius and 2 Szymanski.

TIL: Szymański (feminine: Szymańska, plural Szymańscy) is the ninth most common surname in Poland (89,091 people). src: wikipedia

Laika said...

Right you are. Fixed now.