Wednesday, August 21, 2002

Pictures
We'll try these pictures for now to differentiate who's typing what. I think I can figure out a way to have them included automatically, but it'll take some digging. Also, we'll need to find a picture of me where you can tell that I have a chin.

Woo hoo, four hours to solo-acoustic Beck! This could be our last real concert for years to come -- Singapore is pretty out-of-the-way for major artist concert tours. I heard the Cranberries (who I don't even like) were there a year or two ago, but not much else...



RANT
I believe this posting is logged on as Mark, but this is Marjorie.
Two days of unemployment and it's starting to sink in that I don't have any more paychecks coming. I have to ask my husband for money. Yuck. When/if we find out we have a job in Singapore, or elsewhere, I think it will be easier for me to handle being jobless, but for now it's a difficult pill to swallow.

Ideally, I'm not working so I'll have time to do all those time consuming tasks to get us ready for the move, like getting copies of our medical records, refilling prescriptions, etc. but, as always in life, this doesn't go as planned. Inspite of all permissions I'm apparently not able to pick up Mark's records-he has to be there in person. This truly pisses me off, because I know doctors can access your records with a signed release-I should have the same access to my husband's records (with written permission, I believe in privacy) as a random doctor!!! But no, Mark has to take time off from work to do it himself, which makes me wonder how my not working is really helping. Oh well...

On a brighter note, we're going to see Beck tonight.That's cool.

No comments: