Sunday, November 17, 2002

Wow. I just hopped up the street to catch Frank Black at a solo acoustic in-store performance at Criminal Records. He was a lot more affable than I've ever seen him. The set list, near as I can remember:

  • Manitoba (new)
  • Monkey Gone To Heaven (Wow! I could swear I read that he said he'd never play this song again)
  • Whiskey In Your Shoes
  • Bartholemew
  • California Bound
  • Mr. Grieves (!!! another big surprise)
  • End of Miles
  • 21 Reasons (partial, he forgot the words to the last verse)
  • Robert Onion
  • Bullet

    To paraphrase Beavis and Butthead, you could see this guy walking down the street and you'd never know that he rocks. I'm kinda bummed; he's playing in town tonight, but somehow I never got word, and now it's sold out...
  • No comments: