Thursday, March 13, 2003

My friends are back from their yearly snowboard trip, which I missed this year for the first time in six years. In previous years we hit
  • 1998: Summit county, Colorado (Copper Mountain, Arapahoe Basin, Breckenridge...)
  • 1999: Jackson Hole, Wyoming (side trip to Yellowstone)
  • 2000: Summit county again, plus Vale
  • 2001: Whistler/Blackcomb, by way of Vancouver (where I broke a bone in my hand on the second day)
  • 2002: Lake Tahoe (a complete circuit)
    A friend and I would try to outdo each other every year. This year he did a faceplant from twelve feet up on some blue ice and ended up splitting open his lip and bleeding from both nostrils. That would've been hard to outdo.

    It was so much fun. I was on a beach in Thailand, and I still have regrets.
  • No comments: