Monday, December 20, 2004

Our things are indeed here, and amazingly, in two years of storage and three months of transport, nothing was broken. In three days we've managed to unpack most of it, and our house is starting to look like a home. Finally. I'm especially excited about having my xmas ornaments and stocking here. It wouldn't feel like Christmas without them. In the same vein, Mark was very pleased that we could find perogies (at the super IGA) to make for xmas eve dinner to continue one of his family traditions.
Laika is surprisingly unfazed by all the new stuff, beyond being a little peeved that she isn't allowed on the couch or the newest bed. She's currently most fascinated with this caterpiller squeaking toy I bought for her. She carries it very gently in her mouth everywhere she goes. I expect her to kill/destroy it at any moment now as her toys usually don't last for long. It's amazing to me how attached Mark and I have become to her in such a short time. She's our baby, and practically runs our lives now. She's a charming little girl.

No comments: