Saturday, September 21, 2002

FRIDAY FIVE
1. Would you say that you're good at keeping in touch with people?
Not really. I try though. That was actually the reason we created this blog, to make it easier to keep up with our friends and family.

2. Which communication method do you usually prefer/use: e-mail, telephone, snail mail, blog comments, or meeting in person? Why?
I love e-mail. You can do it on your own time. I'm not a big phone talker, unless I'm talking to one of my close friends who live in other towns-Karen, Kristina, and Alison, I will always be happy to talk on the phone with you. Meeting in person is always the preferred method of keeping up, but alas, it's hard to do.

3. Do you have an instant messenger program? How many? Why/why not? How often do you use it?
Nope. I used to instant message Mark at work, but honestly, if I want to talk to some immediately I'll use the phone. B00ut instant messaging can be fun, especially at work.

4. Do most of your close friends live nearby or far away?
Far away, sadly. I miss you guys!!!!

5. Are you an "out of sight, out of mind" person, or do you believe that "distance makes the heart grow fonder"?
Gotta love the choice of cliches. Only a truly shallow person would forget about the people they love just because they're away. However, that said, unfortunately distance poses a real challenge to relationships. You have to really work at keeping up with people's lives. It's the little things that add up to make a life, and if you lose touch with the little things, you feel out of touch with your loved ones. Luckily, with true friends, the people who really know you, when you finally do have a chance to visit, you can typically pick up right where you left off.


No comments: