Sunday, September 22, 2002

Last night was fun. We were at a local hangout -- the Earl -- with a bunch of people for a friend's birthday party. They have an area out front by the sidewalk where you can hang out, which was where we were when the rain started coming down, hard -- a thick, soaking rain. We were pinned against the front wall for a while before I decided to say to heck with it, and went out and did my best Fred Astaire imitation down the street and curbs. I'm sure I looked silly but I had more fun than anyone.

Correction: Marjorie has pointed out to me that I meant to say Gene Kelly, not Fred Astaire.

Today we were driving around looking for a place to eat when the same sort of rain hit us. We ended up outside a cozy little restaurant called Zoe's, but by this time the lightning was pretty fierce and we had to wait in the car for a bit. So, we found some early jazz on the radio, reclined the seats all the way, and sat there and watched the storm for ten minutes.

No comments: