Friday, September 27, 2002

Shallow Gal
Ever scare yourself with a thought so petty that if someone else said it out loud you'd sigh audibly and roll your eyes? I've had several of those moments lately. Example: Today I was looking at a sweater I recently bought, and I actually got a little sad because I won't have any opportunity to wear it if we go to Southeast Asia . PLEASE GIRL! I find that I'm increasing shallow in lots of ways lately. For example I don't have as much enthusiasm for Art/Indie Films (although I just saw "Monsoon Wedding" and really enjoyed it), and tend to enjoy scary big budget flicks more. I also tend to enjoy "entertaining" books more than "intelligent" books. I blame my job. I mean I spend my days with children who have serious issues, and families trying to cope with those issues, and when I get home I just want to float on the surface.
Anyways...... Mark's a lot better at this blogging thing than I am. He's much more likely to post on any given day than I am. I saw that my mother commented on his last post telling us not to go to Laos or Malaysia. I think we're going to have to ignore her. Sorry Mom! We'll use common sense and only go where other travelers go. And we won't go to Pakistan. Even I'm afraid of that now.

No comments: