Friday, October 04, 2002

ANY IDEAS
Mark and I want to buy a digital camera for our trip. Preferably something with lots of memory for pictures, that doesn't eat batteries, and is ideally pocket sized so as not to attract too much attention. Anybody know of something like that, or have a camera they really love?

Is anybody besides me really disturbed by "The Bachelor"? I caught about 10 minutes of this show last night and it really horrified me. How desperate are these women!? The whole idea is really wrong. The trend of lots of women vyiing for one "eligible" man (i.e. "Who wants to marry a millionaire") on television is a really disturbing notion to me. What is this teaching young girls watching these shows? What happened to all the momentum behind the women's rights movements of the Seventies, do people think we've achieved equality now? If anything it seems shows like this are giant leaps backwards in terms of women gaining equal status in this culture.

No comments: