Saturday, October 05, 2002

FRIDAY FIVE
This week's Friday five is devoted to shoes. Finally, a Friday five I can get behind ;^)

1. What size shoe do you wear? I usually wear a 7.5, for some shoes I wear an 8. This in an European 38, and a Japanese 24.

2. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Less than 20 (barely), which considering I have a bit of a fetish lately, isn't too bad.

3. What type of shoe do you prefer (boots, sneakers, pumps, etc.)? Judging by my shoe collection, I'm a fan of slides (open-toed or mules).

4. Describe your favorite pair of shoes. Why are they your favorite? I recently acquired a lovely pair of black mules with little flowers stitched into the top and little pointy one inch heels. They're so cool. The first day I wore them this salesguy at Banana Republic was fawning all over them, pointing them out to other salesfolk and such, and he told me "you must be sick to wear those in public".

5. What's the most you've spent on one pair of shoes? Honestly, the most I've spent on shoes is probably a little over a $100.00 several years ago on a pair of Birkenstock Boston's. I bought those shoes when I was a very poor undergraduate, and at the time that was an outrageous amount of money for me to spend on shoes, but they lasted forever and I plan on buying another pair soon. Generally though, I'm a bit of a cheapskate so I'm not likely to spend much more than $50 on a pair of trendy shoes.

No comments: